HON’BLE GOVERNOR OF MANIPUR
Name: Ms. Anusuiya Uikey
Father's Name: Late Shri Lakhanlal Ji Uikey
Born: 10 April 1957 Village Rohanakala District Chhindwara M.P.
Address: MIG - 9 DUPLEX, CHITRAKOOT COMPLEX, NAGPUR ROAD, CHHINDWADA, DISTRICT CHHINDWARA M.P. 480001
Educational Qualifications: M.A.(Economics)
Details of Administrative Post held between 1982-2006: Lecturer - (Economics) Government College, Tamia District Chhindwara M.P. till 1982-85
MLA: Assembly Constituency Damua District Chhindwara M.P. from the year 1985 to 1990
Minister: Madhya Pradesh Government, Women and Child Development Department, Bhopal from 1988 to 1989
In-charge President: Land Development Bank, (Rural and Agriculture Development Bank) District Chhindwara M.P. from the year 1998 to 1999
Chairman: State Scheduled Tribe Commission of Madhya Pradesh, Government of Madhya Pradesh Bhopal From January 2006 to March 2006
Member: National Commission for Women, Government of India, Deendayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi, year 2000-2003, and reappointment 2003-2005 till June
Parliamentary Responsibilities and the Responsibilities of Parliamentary and Departmental Committees:-
- Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha From 04 April 2006 to 04 April 2012
- Former Member, Parliamentary Committee, Social Justice and Empowerment, New Delhi Year 2006-2009
- Former Member, Hindi Salahkar Samiti, Ministry of Food Processing, Government of India, New Delhi Year 2006-2009
- Former Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India New Delhi Year 2006-2009
- Former Member Railway Advisory Committee SECR Railway Zone Committee Year 2007
- Former Member Telephone Advisory Committee, District Chhindwara M.P. year 2006
- Former Member, Committee on Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, Year 2009
- Former Member, Parliamentary Standing Committee on Rural Development Year 2009
- Former Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Coal, Government of India, New Delhi Year 2009
Special achievements and awards
Awards and Recognitions:-
Honored with Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Fellowship for the upliftment of Dalit community. On September 21, 1989 in Madhya Pradesh Vidhansabha, she was honored with ‘Jagruk MLA Samman’ by the then Speaker of the Lok Sabha, Honorable Mr. Balram Jakhar, for doing excellent work in the field.
Foreign trips while holding the post of MLA:-
Moscow - Represented the youth of Madhya Pradesh while participating in the International Youth Festival held in Moscow in year 1985 and toured Tashkent as well.
While holding the post of Rajya Sabha MP:-
Geneva, Switzerland - Participated in a seminar held from 3rd December 2006 to 8th December 2006 on the topic "What Role Parliamentary Committees Can Play in Bringing Women into the Mainstream Member", as a member of the three-member Indian delegation of parliamentarians.
Visit to London with His Excellency the President of India:-
London - Visited London on 7th December 2006.
Moscow - Visit with Her Excellency President of India Mrs. Pratibha Devisinghji Patil and the President of the Republic of India from 2nd to 8th September 2009 as a member of high level delegation to Moscow, St.Petersburg, Dushanbe (Russia) and Tajikistan.
Malaysia at the Seventh Asia Pacific Women Parliamentarians and Ministers Conference:-
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia - Participated in the Seventh Asia Pacific Women Parliamentarians and Ministers Conference organized by Asian Forum of Parliamentarians on Population and Development, which was held on 14th and 15th November 2009 in Bangkok Thailand.
Official foreign Tour with His Excellency the Vice President:-
Zambia, Malawi and Botswana - Visit of South African countries in a high-level official delegation led by His Excellency Mr. Hamid Ansari, Vice President of the Republic of India from January 5 to January 12, 2010.
Special achievements during her tenure in National Commission: -
Workshop on Women Empowerment 2000 to 2005:-
Six regional workshops on ‘empowerment of tribal women, problems and possibilities’ were organized at Nasik, Guwahati, Kullu Manali, Jharkhand, Mangalore and Jabalpur respectively and the reports were presented to the Government of India. Economic Empowerment:- A study was conducted on the subject of economic empowerment of tribal women of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, and report of the same was presented to the Government of India.
Tour of the country and presentation of the report:- During her tenure of three years in the National Commission for Women, she visited 80 districts of 22 states, and reports of the same were presented to the then Prime Minister, Honorable Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Special Achievements in Indian Parliament Rajya Sabha:-
Question and Answer:- Major problems of the district, state and the country have been presented through about 413 starred and unstarred questions in the Rajya Sabha. Meaningful efforts have been made to draw the attention of the Central Government on the subjects of self-employment schemes, development of roads, coal company in the district and its problems, establishment of new mines, rail expansion projects in the district, diversion, availability of electricity, women and child welfare, agriculture, education, health, irrigation, telecommunication, urban development, water resources, defense, finance etc.
Special Mentions :- About 41 special mentions were made in the Rajya Sabha, including opening of medical college in Chhindwara district, inclusion of the district in the employment guarantee scheme, demand for withdrawal of red wheat being provided for the poor, revival of Gram Nyayalaya system, recognition of Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya Sagar as a Central University, to provide fair price to farmers for their produce, to install railway coaches for orange farmers, to provide drought relief package to Bundelkhand of the state, to end the shortage of cooking gas, to stop black marketing of coins, providing 200 days of employment to tribals under Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, grant for promotion of solar energy, removal of various deficiencies in railway coaches and providing facilities similar to Tamiya's Bharias to all the Bhariyas, preventing illegal mining and transportation of coal,
Drew attention of the Central Government:- To make Tamiya a tourist destination, to issue certificates to the beneficiaries of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, to make payments under the Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, to establish Satpura University in Chhindwara, to end the facilities of converted tribals. These issues were raised with the government for resolution. In Rajya Sabha, assurance was given by the Government of India in about 14 cases.
Speeches on various subjects in the Parliament: - From time to time, Ms Uikey delivered high impact speeches in the Parliament on issues such as female feticide, child marriage act, forest rights act, railway budget and 33 percent reservation for women in Parliament and Assemblies in the Constitution Amendment Act 2008, and to increase the budget of naturopathy and yoga in the general budget in the year 2010-11.
Details about the Designation
Social, details of discharge of posts:-
- President, Rotect Club Chhindwara 1981
- District President, Bharat Yuvak Samaj Chhindwara 1982
- District President, Tribal Development Council Chhindwara 1984
- State Vice President, Bharat Scout Guide M.P. 1985
- State Vice President, Bharat Yuvak Samaj, M.P. 1986
- Patron, International Naturopathy Organization, (INO) Jhinjholi New Delhi
Political Life as a Student:-
- Vice President and Secretary, Student Union, Government College, Chhindwara, M.P. 1971-81
- Member, National Service Scheme Government Post Graduate College, Chhindwara M.P.
Details of political posts held:-
- Member, National Council, Bharatiya Janata Party Year 1993
- Executive Member, National Mahila Morcha, Bharatiya Janata Party Year 1994-1995
- National Vice President Tribal Front Bharatiya Janata Party Year 1995-96
- State Minister, State Bharatiya Janata Party Year 1998-99
- State Minister, Yuva Morcha Bharatiya Janata Party 1996
- Participated in the 1993 Assembly General Elections as a Bharatiya Janata Party candidate in Lakhnadon District Seoni Elections
- In the year 1998 Vidhansabha General Elections, she participated in the election as a candidate of Damua District Chhindwara as a candidate of Bharatiya Janata Party.